Volunteering With Deli Llama
Deli-Llama launched in December 2020 during the pandemic. We are part of the Pulp Friction family, employing the skills of people with learning disabilities.
We are a shop and café selling the best of local food, art and gifts. We believe that co-operating and working together is the key to success.
Pulp Friction CIC is Purposeful, Aspirational and Inclusive.
To begin with Deli Llama has been set up by a very small team. Getting the ball rolling has been Sam, James and Tara, and now, with restrictions lifting we are looking to expand our team and get more people involved.
In the first instance we are inviting people to come and volunteer with Deli-Llama. Covid Restrictions will be lifted in the coming months and we are now getting ready for these changes.
Volunteers will then be welcomed to join the co-operative and have a say in how the organisation operates.
An opportunity of employment may become available to some of the volunteers.
We are looking for people who can volunteer on a regular basis in any of the following areas:
- Kitchen: Prepping, Cooking, Pot washing, Cleaning, Baking
- Front of House: Waiting Staff, Barista, Customer Service, Till etc.
- Shop: Stock Check, Merchandising, Producer/Supplier Liason.
- Admin: Accounts, General Admin, Stock Control,
- Marketing: Online marketing – Social media, blog posts, website, promotions etc.
- Website: Product information updates, Other updates and changes
- Events Co-ordinator: Book in events and co-ordinate promotion with online marketing etc.
- And there will be other jobs we haven’t even thought of so please let us know if there’s something you can do that we haven’t listed!
Register your interest now by completing this application form.
Why get involved?
- We have a wide range of ways for you to participate.
- It's a great way to meet new and interesting people.
- You can develop new skills.
- We are an inclusive space, welcoming people from all cultures, religions, ethnicities and backgrounds. We are disability inclusive and LGBTQ+ inclusive.
- If you are fuloughed this is a great way to use your time.
- Maybe your children have recently gone back to school and you want to use your time in a new way.
- Perhaps you are in retirement and would like a regular activitity to participate in.
You can get involved as often as you want. Maybe it's a regular weekly volunteer slot, or monthly. Perhaps you like the idea of flyering every so often to get a bit of excercise.
We will be open during the day, evenings and weekends so there will be lots of flexibility.